Here are the tips I learned through countless wasted batches of cookies.
1. Do leave your butter or margarine at room temperature
2. Do leave your eggs at room temperature
3. Do prepare all ingredients ahead of time (mise en place)
4. Do clean up as you go
5. Do use non-stick paper for the cookie tray
6. Do use waxed paper to work the dough
7. Do use a food processor
8. Do substitute margarine instead of butter
9. Do leave the cookies to cool before you taste
10. Do put the cookies away in a nice tin box lined with waxed paper
11. Do serve with a nice glass of cold milk, coffee or tea
Do you have your own do’s that you would like to share?